Old December 11th 04, 04:05 PM
David Martin

I'm hoping that Santa is going to bring me a child seat this year, but
I need to make sure that I put the right one on my Christmas list.

I was going to go for the Rhodes Co-Pilot but my local bike shop
recommended the Hamax Sleepy on the grounds that it's cheaper, just as
good and you don't need a special rack for it (which makes using
panniers & using the seat on other bikes easier).

Has anyone got one of these Hamax seats & are they any good? The only
people I know who've got child seats have got the Rhodes so I was
wondering if the Hamax has any pitfalls?

I haven't got the sleepy but I do have a normal one. Great seat. Been
using it for over five years now. Kids love it. The only mod (apart from
sticking loads of reflectors on the back) was to change the foot straps
for some short velcro tie down straps when the foot straps broke.

Otherwise, great seat, and I use panniers on the same bike, but not at
the same time.

...d