Old November 7th 08, 07:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default my ride today

On 7 nov, 00:26, Mark Cleary wrote:

wrote:
For a Hollenbeck Jazz guitar player you doing just fine Mark. You are
47 years old. What do you have to prove to whom? Ride a lot, throw
away your speedo meter and enjoy.

Lou-

Runners alway want to know or at least be aware of the pace and this
spills over in the bike world. Just to ride around on a bike spinning is
fine but I still like to push things at times and this requires more effort.

Mark Cleary plays Hollenbeck Jazz Guitars
Handmadehttp://hollenbeckguitar.com/

I'm not talking about spinning or not pushing things from time to
time. At my age and I'm just 4 years older than you, all that racing
seems so pointless and take away a lot off fun for many people who do
so at that age. Mind you I often ride faster then when I was younger
and certainly ride more, but if things don't go well for a while I
don't get nervous anymore and take it as it comes. That is much more
enjoyable. Like someone here said once ' Riding time trials is the
dumbest way to enjoy cycling' .

Lou