Old March 2nd 13, 11:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
F Murtz[_2_]

Default Bike lanes

On 2013-02-21, James (aka Bruce)
Wait for it, some bright spark has an idea to put a bike lane to the
left of a left turn only lane (think Spring St, Melbourne, heading
north). For ***** sake! It is illegal to pass on the left of a vehicle
that is indicating to turn left, so what are you supposed to do? It's
virtually impossible actually use the bike lane.

Speaking of which. Lastnight I came off on Swanston St. Some
****tard of a council worker parked his truck illegally in the bike
lane, so I had no choice but to go onto the tram tracks to go around
him. But it's not lit very brightly, and I forgot about the grade
separation.

When I get the hospital bill and can use my left arm again, it will be
going straight to the council.

Which will do nothing.
Keep us posted if you get anywhere.