Old February 29th 04, 04:42 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Double hit& run on a cyclist

Beware the deviation amplification spiral that leads to moral panics(1).
More reporting of an issue doesn't mean it's more common.

Indeed, there is that to consider. But as there seems to be more reporting of
it, and the sentencing handed out to motorists who kill or injure is pretty
p**s poor and of little deterrent value, I have my doubts if it's a case of
panic on the part of all the drivers who are scared of the heavy sentence they
are likely to get if caught, so panic and run off. Possibly it's more along the
lines of thinking "who cares"

1) Guess who's doing a social studies OU course?

You.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune