Old July 12th 04, 07:24 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Default Police kill cyclist

Gonzalez typed

On 12 Jul 2004 15:31:22 GMT, Trevor Barton wrote:

Hate to be cynical, but read the arcticle more closely.
There are no injuries to the policemen.

Reading the article closely, there were minor injuries to the policemen.

"Two officers inside the car were treated for shock and minor
injuries."

I doubt the officers suffered any injury at all. I expect they were
carted off to hospital to be examined as a matter of routine, and a
senior policeman told the press it was for "shock and minor injuries".

I'd like to know a lot more detail about this incident.

Just looking at AutoRoute and adding details given on website:

Road is A631, east of Junction with M18(J1). There's a Little Chef and a
couple of petrol stations (oldish AutoRoute so might not still be) on
the roundabout of the junction. If details given in report are correct,
cyclist would have been going west.

Whether he was hit from behind as Police sped towards motorway or
whether he was hit head-on as they sped away is open to conjecture...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.