Old November 26th 14, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

You will never convince me that there are more reports of
hiker fatalities than biker fatalities everything else being equal.. Relaying
the number of reports tell you everything you will ever want to know about the
likelihood of an event. Biker accidents are all the same. They are doing headers
from striking the trail at an odd or uneven moment. That sort of accident is
never going to change.

I'm not trying to convince you ... I'm stating a fact based on a Google search which you, and everyone else, can verify. Typing "hiker dies" into Google results in approximately three times the number of results than typing "mountainbiker dies" (2.9 million results for the former, 494,000 for the latter - on Google.com).

You can argue that the moon is made of cheese and fail to be convinced of facts to the contrary but, in that too, you would quite simply be wrong.

Statistical data is dumb as everyone knows (except you apparently). Polls are equally dumb. Try to connect to a simple media report if that is even remotely possible.
[...]

Yes, indeed, you have just described yourself perfectly. No

need for me to come up with my own diagnosis.

Ah, the discourse of the playground. Well done Ed ... showing your true colours and the level of your argumentation.

You will never win any name calling contest with me. I have almost 80 years of stored up bile to unleash on you.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great