Old October 12th 18, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default "torque wrench" pump/compressor

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 16:55:04 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

AMuzi wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is there a "torque
wrench" pump or compressor? I.e., you would
screw on the presta valve, set the gizmo to
e.g. 35psi, engage it, and instead of
watching the indicator, automagically at the
right level it would stop?

WTF? Did I miss your joke?

You don't have to be condescending. Instead be
happy you have so advanced technology at your
business! OK, so it is called an air regulator.

Don't forget to answer my still-unanswered
question on "65 PSI". Unless of course you only
want to answer my "joke" questions?

The pressure rating on the tire, put there my the manufacturer, is
probably to try to ensure that someone doesn't try to pump the tire up
to an abnormally high pressure at which it might explode, thus
destroying the tire and giving the owner grounds to sue the maker.
"Hey! Your tire exploded and hurt my finger and now you got to give me
a while bunch of money."
--

Cheers,

John B.