Old November 18th 19, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

Default Bikers perform citizen's arrest after spotting pickpocket steal war hero's wallet

On Sat, 16 Nov 2019 18:21:11 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 16/11/2019 11:19, TMS320 wrote:

On 15/11/2019 13:30, JNugent wrote:
On 15/11/2019 13:19, Bod wrote:

Strange that when I'm driving my car, I have no problem observing
cyclists clearly.

Half a mile away, in the dark, on dipped headlights?

When cycling it provides no benefit, and I have no requirement or
expectation to be seen from half a mile away.

Not even at night, on a road where speeds of 60 or 70 mph are the
norm?
When driving on the type of roads that cyclists typically use, speed
limits and sightlines do not require me to see them from half a mile
away.

You cannot know that.

I would refer you, though, to the case of a (female) cyclist killed on
the A23 a few years ago, cycling straight across a grade-separated
interchange by following the demarcation line between the nearside
through lane and the deceleration line leading to a slip road. Or it
might have been the line between the acceleration and nearside lanes
on the far side of the junction. Being ultra-visible in such a

situation
is crucial - *even* during daylight hours and hi-viz kelps even on a
sunny day.
You'd certainly notice an on-foot police traffic officer (and his
car) at that distance. Well, unless you are one of those who is
opposed to the use of headlights.

Perhaps you should pay a visit to Specsavers.

In Nugent's case, the problems go much deeper than eyesight.

Oh dear... TMS has run out of witty things to say. Some time ago, of
course.

He is not very bright. Cyclists are not noted for intelligence.

People who aren't very bright often repeatedly post the same tired
insults.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.