Old August 26th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
catzz66

Default Rear Tire constant flats making me mad!

Friar Broccoli wrote:

As far as I can tell "Armadillo" is identical to "Flak Jacket" but is
just use as a marketing gimmick to charge more. The dealers
try to sell Armadillo, but if you request "flak jacket" they trot it
out.

You can get Specialized Fatboy Tire (which have flak jacket)
for about $20. The specialized tires ended my problems with
flats.

I agree that the tire is Jose's most likely problem.

Thanks, I will remember it next time. I imagine the same thing is true
with the Conti Gator skins. I looked at a big tire display and there
are some cheaper priced Continental tires that seem to have the puncture
resistant lining. I just replaced four tires so I won't be needing them
for a while. Have about 500 miles on the Armadillos and 150 on the
Gatorskins. No problems with either set. I know they are not magic,
but at least I am not having the glass and rock chip flats anymore. It
was driving me crazy. Couldn't go 100 miles without a flat.