Old January 23rd 05, 12:17 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default Kool-Stop MTB Salmon brake pad weakness

The stupid "angled tip and plow" on the leading edge of the brake pad is
positively uesless. I put them on the front expecting them to increase
power over my old ones. The result was mushy, weak braking, and lots of
squeal. I figured the plow only served to keep a large portion of the pad
away from the rim, so I ground only the plow portion off. Lo and behold, no
squeal and excellent brake power now. I wonder why they would implement
this marketing gimmick if it didn't help at all and actually created squeal.

Grind off the plow if you get these pads.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training