Old December 6th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Training or Plain Riding?

On Dec 5, 11:58*am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Doug Smith" wrote in message

Tom Kunich wrote:

Let's not mention the actual name of a major wheel manufacturer whose
wheel bearings are good for perhaps 10,000 miles and then need replacing.
In fact they can get so loose that the rocking of the axle can cause the
freehub to slip. Worst case you could destroy the freehub.

What is the wheel manufacturer that you were referring to?

Notice the first line? I'm not sure that it makes a lot of sense naming the
wheel manufacturer since most off the specialty wheel manufacturers are
using exactly the same replicable bearings.

What's more, there's always the (distant) chance that my friend and myself
were an exception with the bearing failures almost exactly at the same
mileage.

Dumbass -

If you were even a half decent engineer, you'd figure out that it's
fast and easy to pinpoint a set of bearings that will outlast the rest
of the wheelset, buy them with a few clicks of the mouse and install
them.

Doers do. Complainers complain.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.