Old January 12th 20, 05:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Voiding the warranty -- Dyno Redux

On Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 3:00:50 AM UTC-6, Sepp Ruf wrote:
wrote:

Above is a Shimano dynohub and Mavic rim for $115. This company also
sells a Busch Mueller IQ light with 100 lux for $72. So for $200
delivered probably, you would have a better dynamo light than I used on
Paris Brest Paris 2007 during the pouring rain.

But but but yours was just French Atlantic rain, not the much tougher
American Pacific one!

Well, it was 50, or 51, or maybe 52 degrees during the very cold and rainy PBP 2007. I suspect it has never gotten that cold along the Pacific coast in the entire history we have been keeping temperature records. Now I realize temperatures do not affect the amount of light generated by the dynohub.. But when your teeth are chattering and hands and body are shivering due to the cold, it might affect things.