Old September 25th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ben Trovato

Default Wiggins In Soccer Allegory Shock!

On Sep 25, 11:27*am, Keith wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:13:25 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Dave

wrote:
Wiggins hints at Team Sky switch

http://tinyurl.com/WigginsWigan

Bradley Wiggins has hinted he may leave Garmin-Slipstream to join the
new British-based squad Team Sky.

Britain's three-time Olympic track champion was a surprise fourth in
the 2009 Tour de France and says he must move if he is to better that
next year.

Wiggins, 28, told BBC Sport: "The Tour de France changed everything.

"It's like trying to win the Champions League - you need to be at
Manchester United but I'm playing at Wigan at the moment so I have to
make that step up."

UD

Yes I was going to post about that, er...last I checked "Team Sky"
don't seem to have what it takes to support a TDF contender ? Looks
like another "Leblanc moving to Le Groupement" disaster to me, at
least on a sporting level.

You mean all those Scandy and Aussie creampuffs Sky just hired on?
Totally useless, dunno what they were thinking...