Old September 28th 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

Default Wiggins In Soccer Allegory Shock!

On Sep 28, 7:20*am, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
*Uncle Dave wrote:

Wiggins hints at Team Sky switch

http://tinyurl.com/WigginsWigan

Bradley Wiggins has hinted he may leave Garmin-Slipstream to join the
new British-based squad Team Sky.

Britain's three-time Olympic track champion was a surprise fourth in
the 2009 Tour de France and says he must move if he is to better that
next year.

Wiggins, 28, told BBC Sport: "The Tour de France changed everything.

"It's like trying to win the Champions League - you need to be at
Manchester United but I'm playing at Wigan at the moment so I have to
make that step up."

Hear that, Jonathan?

It does seem a bit disloyal doesn't it? His statement has had some
effect as Wigan beat Chelski 3-1 at the weekend :-)

UD