Old August 3rd 03, 03:35 AM
Oana et Jocelyn

Default Progress and questions!

Hi,

This sport is great! Everyday, new (usually tiny) progress, but
unfortunetely no one around
to share the enthousiasm...

Well, if you care, here is a little progress report.

My goal for this summer we
-Being confortable riding long distance: Aside for saddle soreness, I would
say this
is achieved. I need a Coker! Question: my work is about 5-7 miles
away with
a large hill, all in city traffic. Is it realistic to think about
commuting on a unicycle?

-Better mounting: I can now mount 4 different ways, all on same side.
Other side
feels just like I never did this at all. Side note, even though I am
becoming quite
solid, succes rate is probably still well below 50% and also often
result in 90deg turns.

-Up and down curbs: down is no problem. Up is another story. I am trying
the
non hopping method, sofar without success.

-Hopping: After getting the UNiVeRSe video, I was convinced about the
usefulness
of hopping. Well, tonight I realised I was able to do it for several
seconds, without
prior practice! This was absolutely unexpected and I am still in shock.

-Idling: Several months of complete, absolute inability to even start to
practice this skill.
Somehow, last week I managed to do one backward "step" and continue
forward,
kind of by chance, while I was not thinking about it too much. Tonight,
I can do this
consistently and even managed up to 3 or 4 "rocking". Future looks
bright from here.
One trick I found is that it is more efficient to practice this directly
from the mount.

That's about it. This is turning into an obsession... If things continue
this way, I might have to
find some new goals soon...

Jocelyn