Old January 18th 20, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Heise

Default Bicycles, pedestrians, and cars detected by microwave dopplerradar.

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:14:51 -0500,
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/17/2020 6:07 PM, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 21:04:23 +0000, Ted Heise wrote:

The camera usage is amazing. My car shows current speed
limit on the Car Play screen when I have Google mapping in
use. It is occasionally wrong; I'm pretty confident it comes
over the phone from some Google database.

It does. We noticed this years ago when there was a large
scale change throughout the state to expand town/city
boundaries and often the garmin device with its advisory voice
was clearly wrong about when the speed limit had changed.

Seems it would take only a small step in software to limit the
speed to what the sign showed.

Well, that would require some sort of vision system. The GPS
devices and smartphone apps don't typically have that capability.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA