Old January 20th 20, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zen Cycle

Default Bicycles, pedestrians, and cars detected by microwave doppler radar.

On Friday, January 17, 2020 at 12:23:13 PM UTC-5, Ted Heise wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 16:10:01 +0000 (UTC),
David Scheidt wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

:I don't think that mirror blinker has anything to do with your
:being on a bicycle. That is, I don't think it means an
:electronic system has detected you. Many cars have lights in
:their side mirrors that blink in sync with the normal turn
:signals.

My car, and lots of newer cars, have blindspot sensors that
detect something in the 'blindspot' beside and slightly behind
the car. They light up signals on the mirrors. If I turn the
turn signal on, they flash (and there's a beeper, if I try to
change lanes, too). Both the lighting up and flashing are
visible to someone out side the car. I see them come on other
cars, when I ride past them when they're stopped and I'm not.

Yes, my experience is same as David's. The sensors seem pretty
sensitive, and I can easily imagine they would pick up a bike and
rider.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA

Right, it's not a turn signal. One of the things I'm very cognizant of on my commutes is if a vehicle I'm passing has its directional on. I'm seeing the side mirror blink when the directional is not on.