Old August 19th 05, 03:37 AM

Default Bikes on Airplanes.

I must apologize for my earlier post, which might be read as suggesting
that
many airlines will carry bicycles without charge. This is true, short
of.
I did some web searching and was unable to find a bike shipping
container
(for a conventional bike) within the 62" linear dimension constraint.
--
Carl

yeah if you ride a 25cm frame with 4cm wheels,
I think those monkey clown bikes might fly free -
airlines make that **** up because they know
it will at least put an end to the issue
"ok fine, yes you can fly with a bike for free if it will fit in
you pocket..ok, understand...good, now give me my $80 biatch!"
you might be able to get a small bike under 85 inches but that
would be really hard, UPS and FEDEX ship up to 108 inches
wihtout a fee (usually at least, they too are money grubbing
*******s that love to screw over customers)
it used to be easy to be slick with the skycabs back in the 90's,
a little tip and away the bike went before you even walked in the
building - those dudes must have made some serious money
doing that stuff.
oh, you can ship a bike to where you are going fedex for about
$20 - 25 if you pack it yourself and drop it off at a large FEDEX hub
dropoff center - don't use the mailboxes etc. type places, they
will rape you harder then they airlines, smiling at you the whole
time...they are all independently owned and have signs that
say "counter rates" they aren't - they lie. They charge at
least %30 more.
get a box from behind the bike shop, padding around the
rear dropouts and derailluers, wrap the tubes, cardboard
dividers between wheels and frame, wrap stem and handlebars.
takes at least three days though, so won't work for racing.