Old August 23rd 17, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Obstructions

On 23/08/17 10:10, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 12:35:59 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

I know they've got far more venomous snakes there but AFAIK not
rattlers lying around almost in an ambush position. It's a real
problem on some trails here. One of the risks is that you might
lose part of a leg to necrosis (requiring amputation).

In Australia, even cute animals can get nasty and kill you.
https://img.swifty.com/filter:scale/....jpeg?mw=6 50
Rattle snakes are relatively harmless compared to basically anything
in Australia -- really:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...63f433d0e8.jpg

LOL. You're making me nervous now. I think I'll ride the stationary
bike, for my safety... Nah.

I picked up one of these in the garden last week. Looks a bit wild, but
harmless.

http://www.factzoo.com/sites/all/img...on-basking.jpg

We also get a lot of legless lizards in the garden. They can get the
heart started as they slither away much like a snake. Last one I picked
up was about 35cm (14 inches) long.

--
JS