Old July 3rd 05, 11:39 PM
alex

"RonSonic" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:06:43 -0700, sonarrat wrote:

wrote:

Never too early. But I feel there are some pretenders among some real
talent here. Remember, it's easy to get out there and get it over
quickly. But staying on the course for the maximum time AND
finishing... That's dedication! (Hunch Cooke and Merckx are just
fooling with my mind)

183 Baden Cooke (Aus) Française Des Jeux
3.36
184 Karsten Kroon (Ned) Rabobank
185 Axel Merckx (Bel) Davitamon-Lotto 3.37
186 Sébastien Hinault (Fra) Credit Agricole

187 Alessandro Vanotti (Ita) Domina Vacanze 3.44
188 Rafael Nuritdinov (Uzb) Domina Vacanze 3.50
189 Leonardo Piepoli (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir 4.40

Don't forget, Iban Mayo is within striking distance.

I don't think he has the consistency to be a real contender. Sure he'll
probably
end up pretty far back, but in the meanwhile he'll go and finish some
stages
hastily and move up in the rankings.

Ron

Mayo's performance was completely unexcusable. He not only lost more than 3
mins. He was the worst performer among the lackluster EE team performances.
Not exactly what you expect from a team leader (unless you are Marco
Pantani, that he is not).