Old January 26th 07, 03:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
chalo colina

Default Fear of Flying

Jeff Grippe wrote:

The Infinity, which
was the oldest and lowest end of the bikes I've owned was my favorite.

I test rode an Infinity back in the late '80s. It wasn't my bag, but
it was worlds easier to tolerate than the BikeE I spent a long weekend
with in 2001.

I am interested in learning how Quad's would handle although I suspect that
they could also easily go up on two wheels. Its too bad I could have a bike
that became a trike on the really steep ascents.

Quads must either have full suspension or a frame that articulates in
the middle, allowing the front end to tilt one way and the rear axle to
tilt another way. This adds greatly to the weight and expense of a
quad. In most states they don't have a right to the road either. And
they lose a lot of energy to wheel scrub in corners, substanttially
more than trikes. But aside from all that, they can corner better for
any given width, length, height, and weight distribution than a trike.

Chalo