Old July 2nd 03, 01:25 AM
Paul Bruneau

Default Advice for touring tyre 26" wanted..

Don't throw out that Fat Boy! That tire came on my Ryan Vanguard and it
never flatted on me in 3 years of moderate use, including 3 centuries. I
replaced it more out of paranoia than need and hunted for a local one
but settled on a bontrager copy.

Torben Scheel wrote:
Amazing how fast the answers are rolling in.. I posted before i left work,
picked up a Specialized Fat Boy slick on the way home (yes I know, I should
have waited), and now I can see that I have to get a S-lick too. The shop
carried a Schwalbe Marathon Slick as well, any opinions on this and the Fat
Boy?

Thank's a bunch so far..

"Torben Scheel" wrote in message

I'm looking for a narrow (1.0 - 1.4), high pressure rear tire for my

evita.

It has to be puncture resistant (had two visits from the p.. fairy
yesterday), and secondly have a low rolling resistance (slick preferred).

will use it for everything from touring to race, but mostly for commuting.
Any ideas?

TIA
Torben