Old May 14th 17, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: No matter how egregious

A while back I was riding north on Park Avenue when I noticed a truck
approaching from behind. It was not signaling, so I moved into the
right-turn lane to allow it to pass. It didn't pass. I slowed to
encourage him to overtake, he remained behind me. Finally I ran out
of street and was forced to cross the intersection and come to a
complete stop behind a parked vehicle. *Now* he will pass! Nope, he
turned right.

&^%#@! If you'd signaled the way it says in the driver's manual,
you'd have saved both of us a *lot* of aggravation!

After a while, I realized that *I* had also failed to signal. When
99.99% percent of bike riders have been carefully shielded from any
risk of acquiring a clue, it was quite reasonable for him to assume
that I was unaware of his existence.

No matter how egregious, the other guy's behavior, you have to take
some of the responsibility for an unpleasant encounter.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/