Old July 1st 18, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Britain’s first roundabout prioritising cyclists being built in Cambridge

On 15/06/2018 21:28, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 3:23:35 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
The Dutch-style circular will feature dedicated red bike lanes into and
out of every exit. Parallel pedestrian crossings and speed-reduction
measures will help prevent accidents, designers say. “I want us to
become a nation of cyclists, and to make it the natural choice of
transport for people of all ages and backgrounds,” said cycling minister
Jesse Norman. “We are determined to make cycling safer and easier across
the country.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/britains...-in-cambridge/
--
Bod

I think what Mr Mister meant when he said "What a nightmare!" is 'I will be unable to get it up for months if I have to give way to a cyclist'.

I think this applies to all objections.
This subject has come up before.
We have been told

It is suicidal for cyclists.
Road tax
It will cause chaos.
Road tax
It wont work.
Road tax
The environment will suffer.
Road tax

All of which mean motorists can't stand the idea of having to give way to a cyclist so they claim it is in the cyclists best interest to cower by the side of the road.

Once the roadworks have been finished and the new road layout is
operating, how many weeks do you estimate it will be before a cyclist is
killed by a bus or lorry at that spot?