Old June 15th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_2_]

Default CK Hubs On Campy 10

On Jun 14, 2:24 pm, Morten Reippuert Knudsen
On 2008-06-13 14:36:44 +0200, Qui si parla Campagnolo
said:

On Jun 13, 6:21 am, Al Frost wrote:
Any issues running Chris King Hubs on Campy 10spd. CK web page says you
can't. I assume they mean that the hubs don't come with Campy cassettes
splines. TIA
Not true afaik. BUT our expereince is that CK hubs, in spite of their
really nice headset, are a $100 answer to a $25 question. I thnk DT
are a much better choice and I'm sure they have a Campag compartible
freehub.

Imho DT 240 doesn't offer any advantage over Record hubs.
Even a Record Hub + a HG spare body cost less than a DT 240 hubset with
Shimano body.

If CK hubs is a 100$ answar to a 25$ question DT's are a 99$ answar to
the same question.

CK's are rediculios expensive and DT's are just expensive. The hubset
to beat is Record +07. Half the price of DT 240, lower rolling
resistance and easyer and cheaper in matianence. The weight is similar.

--
mvh. Morten Reippuert Knudsen

"Besides, if you can't get a decent kernal panic
or two in a month, what's the point of living?"

I agree with everything you have said. If Campagnolo, Record, Chorus/
Centaur(2006 earlier) are our first choices. If shimano, DA(7850) or
ultegra. My point, in a field of poor aftermarket hubs out there, DT
are the only ones we use or advocate. Some just want the bling even if
there is no real advantage to them.

I do think that DT240 hubs are better sealed then Record hubs. I use
both. Record on my road bikes, DT240 on my foul weather bikes (ATB,
Singlespeed). I took a DT240 hub apart on my ATB after two years. I was
impressed how well the grease still looked in the ball bearings.
Record/Chorus/Centaur hubs are so easy to maintain though.

Lou