Old November 30th 05, 02:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default $100 fines for cyclists in East Perth

Graeme Dods Wrote:
On 28 Nov 2005 19:03:54 -0800, suomynona wrote:

Hi,

Well the signs have been up for a few months now, and finally it

seems
this morning the local council (armed with a couple of bike police)
were issuing $100 fines for cyclists riding across the East Perth
footbridge.

Where exactly is this footbridge? I thought it was the one which goes
to/from Claisebrook station, but I passed that on the way home last
night
(I work about 30m from the end of it) and there was a sign saying
"cyclists
must give way to pedestrians", or something similar, which to me means
that
you can cycle.

Graeme

suspension bridge across Claisebrook Inlet, near Lamont's Restaurant.
Has wooden surface. Can ride under it on both ends.

I work in Royal Street.

SteveA

--
SteveA