Old January 10th 16, 05:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Sora aero levers

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 5:39:37 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 5:04:35 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/9/2016 3:00 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 8:19:03 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/8/2016 4:24 PM, Doug Landau wrote:

Sheldon said that Sora were the best aero levers ever made, but I can't find the post and don't remember why he thought that was the case.

Anybody have any?

One member of my extended family has them. I've ridden his bike. They
work fine, but his bike is low-mileage, if you get my drift.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Are they aero levers that are shaped like brifters?

They are brifters with the tiny thumb button protruding from the side,
instead of the extra lever in line with the brake lever. I don't know if
you'd call them "aero," since the cable comes out horizontally toward
the center of the bike.

I'm working by memory here. I should be visiting in a few days, and I
can try to remember to take a look. It's on a lower end Cannondale
from, oh, maybe 2005 or so.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Not talking about brifters. Talking about aero levers.

I haven't looked, but IFAIK, Sora road levers were always brifters. Straight aero levers -- you need something like these: http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-BL-R40.../dp/B000F5LLWG.

-- Jay Beattie.