Old March 30th 06, 10:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Station St bike lane Bonbeach: cars parked in bike lane

Here it is. Lots of grovelling, but I don't figure whinging will help.

Subject: car parking in bicycle lanes

Firstly let me thank you for your excellent efforts in creating many
new and well constructed bicycle lanes. They really make Melbourne a
much more liveable city.

However I have one issue.

In the City of Kingston, I have complained to the Council about car
parking in the bicycle lanes at Bonbeach Station. The precise location
is the west side of Station St near the station.

Here there is an excellent bicycle lane, which is every day occupied by
cars parking in the bicycle lane.

I would really like you to legislate to make it illegal to park in a
bicycle lane. We can't create bicycle lanes and then fill them with
cars. It defeats the point.

Failing that, please take issue with those councils that allow parking
in bicycle lanes.

Thanks again for the great work on encouraging cycling.