Old September 6th 04, 07:32 PM
Preston Crawford

On 2004-09-06, David L. Johnson wrote:
But your bike computer sits on its mounting bracket on the handlebars, and
the pickup is carefully positioned to sense the magnet. You aren't moving
it around --- even if you use the same computer for more than one bike,
you need a second mounting bracket and sensor for the second bike, you
don't just move the computer. Where is the advantage of wireless? You
then have a second set of batteries to replace, you have to worry about
interference and performance in the rain, all for?? Just not having a
wire on the bike? But you've got cables all over the thing already unless
you are riding a fixed gear with no brake (dumb idea, too).

I would normally agree. The thought was that if the price point was
identical and performance was identical, then why NOT the wireless, since
then it would be easier to install? That's my thinking. If the performance
is worse than a wired, then definitely I'd go with wired.

Preston