Old September 7th 04, 10:18 PM
Paul Cassel

AndrewG wrote:

Hello everyone.

Can any of you relate to shopping around for three months for your
wife who wants a bicycle "like the one she saw in the movies " ?

I finally found the exact bicycle my wife is looking for, the Pashley
Sovereign. Its going to be a huge purchase for us, but everything
down to the 5-speed hub gearing, the current specs, the rack, the
color, the basket and the skirt guard are perfect.

I could easily and much cheaper refurbish an old bicycle to look like
the Pashley, but I want something that is new and safe enough to carry
my one year old son on the back without me worrying if the back wheel
is going to slide off while my wife is heading downhill or taking a
tight turn.

Is there ANYTHING else available in the USA that even comes close to
the Pashely in terms of design and function?

You don't quote the US price. I suggest you find one on eBay. I saw
evidence of them going there for much less than the 500 sterling I found
them for at UK sites.

I don't see anything special about this bike. Try searching sites for
'comfort bikes' and see if you can use one of those to use on your wife.