Old November 15th 03, 09:34 AM
Ron Jenkins

Default why increasing strength doesn't (automatically) increase power

Strength gains are triggered by intensity, not by duration.

Ron

Voltaire wrote:

Thank you very much for the excellent technical essay. Am I correct in
concluding from your essay that my twice a week, three or four seated,
in-the-hooks, 4 minute climbs up a steep hill are the type of specificity to
which you refer? I'm doing these rather than weight-room leg exercises in
hopes of building bicycling specific strength and power.

Vol(tryingtobeabetterfattiemastersracer)taire