Old July 17th 17, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default bike swerve

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:27:55 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 15:18:24 +0000 (UTC), Theodore Heise
wrote:

Hi all,

My wife and I were out on our tandem yesterday, and when cornering
one time the bike swerved under us pretty noticeably. It felt
like the tire was rolling under, so I assumed it was low. When I
checked, the tire was fine. The other cause I can think of is my
wife shifted positon during the turn, but I know better than to
bring that up with her.

She suggested we had hit a small stone, but I'm skeptical as I
didn't feel anything like the little bump that would have come
with it. Any thoughts for me?

While I never rode a tandem bicycle I have had exactly the same
sensation when my wife twisted around on the rear of a 90cc motorcycle
to point out something in a store window :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

like Payson n no watchmen not gripping the idea is 2 steps back on the bike path...careful which side you pass the clod ...where a ding bell is usefull ..the sound is spot on to the receiver rock or not