Old July 10th 11, 06:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn °_°

Default OT - Kitty-Cats

On 7/9/2011 7:45 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
On Jul 8, 5:42�pm, "Edward wrote:
wrote in message

On Jul 7, 9:27 am, "Edward wrote:
[...]

If we want to keep a pet, a dog or cat should do just fine. I suggest
limiting them however to just a few. No one in this world needs as many
cats
as I have.
As for dogs, two is a good idea, since they're pack animals. �Cats are

not pack animals, so more that one is unnecessary. �Multiples qualify
your house as a cat house ;^)

Cats may not be pack animals, but they are social animals to a limited
extent. It is cruel to keep just one cat.

The operative words here are "TO A LIMITED EXTENT". I have had both
cats and dogs, even at the same time. There is no way that a cat is
as social an animal as is the dog. Far more independent, most (but
not all) cats are more attached to their residence than to a
person ... their owner. At least that has been my personal
experience.

My kitties run up to greet me when I come home, and spend most of their
time in the same room I am in.

When my little one was gone for a week (recovery from surgery), my
orange tabby became extremely clingy.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.