Old August 8th 19, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Trek/Bontrager Wavecell Technology Helmets

On 8/8/2019 10:17 AM, Radey Shouman wrote:

My point was a little finer -- why concentrate on those deliberately
killed 20 at a time, when those killed in ones or twos are really a much
bigger problem?

You're complaining about elementary human nature. One murder is
regrettable and raises outrage. 20+ murders at once naturally incites
much more outrage. The situation is closely paralleled whenever there's
a traffic crash that kills many, a landslide that kills many, etc.

If a semi truck rammed a school bus and killed 29 kids, you'd be ill
advised to show up saying "It's OK, kids get killed in cars all the
time." It would be far more productive to say "Let's look into measures
to reduce _all_ motoring deaths."

Frank is constantly reminding us to rely on data, for example on the
relative scarcity of car bike collisions from behind. That does not
mean I will attend a memorial service for the next unfortunate killed in
that way with a sign belittling "fear from the rear".

But it does appear that you're belittling almost 30 people killed in
just a few hours.

--
- Frank Krygowski