Old April 29th 04, 03:38 AM
Butch

Default Purchasing replacement chains for Trek R200

(Jeff Wills) wrote in message . com...
"Dave Larrington" wrote in message ...
Jeff Wills wrote:

Chains is chains.

Unles they're KMC...

True. I think KMC uses half-cooked pasta for their better chains.

Jeff

I just don't see where these KMC bias's come from. My 1999 V2 still has
all original drive components including KMC chain, it has run flawlessly for
16500 miles. Tested with a shop chain tester shows chain is slightly worn and
I should replace it. My buddy has a 1998 vrex that he rode over 20000 miles
using original parts including KMC chain. He has replaced his chain. Has
anyone actually had problems with KMC chain? I remember the RCN attempt at
a chain test, I know I wasn't impressed enough at the time to replace mine.

Happy Trails Butch