Old May 28th 04, 11:57 PM
Tumbleweed

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
David Hansen wrote:
On 23 May 2004 12:35:07 -0700 someone who may be
(bikerider7) wrote this:-

Scandal of our deadly cycle lanes

I note that

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/traffi...ing%20Standard
asserts that, "Ms McCreery died after colliding with a bus on 10
May."

I suspect that this is an outright lie. Had she collided with the
bus then I suspect she would still be alive. I suspect that the bus
driver collided with her, but the mass media is careful to avoid
stating the truth in this sort of case.

My dictionary has collide as the violent coming together of two moving

bodies.
I think therefore that it does not have the implication you think. I

would
agree if it said she had hit the bus but with collide the implication is
neutral IMO

Tony

I disagree, I think it does give a not so subtle/subliminal implication it
was her that did it,
ie *she* collided, rather than someone else collided into her.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address