Old December 29th 04, 10:42 PM
Ron Hardin

meb wrote:
Every 10k miles or so, replace BB chainwheel chain and freewheel
together, when the chain finally starts popping off the chainwheel
startups. Huffy sells replacements over the phone.

Uh, when you replace that many parts at once isn't that approaching the
price of a comparable new bike? Sounds like unless you've got a cheap
source of parts, at 10k miles it's time to put Huffy to pasture and get
a new Huffy/roadmaster/schwinn unless the faithfull steed has become
part of the family. Might even be cheaper to buy a second as a parts
bike.

Parts from Huffy are pretty cheap. I'd guess from memory that it's
about $40 for all that.

If you're replacing a wheel as well, then go for the new bike, I guess.

You tend to favor the old one, because it's set up with your add-on
fenders and favorite saddle and bike rack and milk crate arrangement.
--
Ron Hardin