Old March 20th 04, 09:35 PM
Neil Cherry

Default Age doesn't stop 70-somethings who are cycling devotees

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:15:07 -0000, MSeries wrote:
Garrison Hilliard wrote:
"I'm going to keep cycling," he says. "I've got an expensive bike.

I've got to do something with it."

Excellent article. I met some older riders a few years ago who delighted me
with stories about Fausto Coppi in the Isle of Man races. That'll be me in
another twenty years or so only I'll be talking about the Indurain years and
Lemonds epic 1989 tour ! What am I saying, it's me now !

Not that I need inspiration to ride for ever but lets hope it encourages
others to get a bike and ride.

There was couple who was in their 80's that used to ride their bikes
back and forth to the store (8 mile round trip) every few days. A
doctor told me that they gave up their car when it was too dangerous
for them to properly drive it. Eventually the wife passed away and I
think the husband has now passed away but they've given me plenty of
reason to expect that I will ride for as long as I can.

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)