Old March 21st 04, 10:53 PM
Peter Cole

Default Age doesn't stop 70-somethings who are cycling devotees

"Neil Cherry" wrote

There was couple who was in their 80's that used to ride their bikes
back and forth to the store (8 mile round trip) every few days. A
doctor told me that they gave up their car when it was too dangerous
for them to properly drive it. Eventually the wife passed away and I
think the husband has now passed away but they've given me plenty of
reason to expect that I will ride for as long as I can.

There are a few riders who have completed ultra-cycling events like
Boston-Montreal-Boston or other 1200K brevets at age 75, maybe older, I don't
know.