Old November 1st 17, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default To cycle is to live dangerously...[

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 8:07:38 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 20:13:49 -0400, Frank Krygowski

I'm surprised that a section manager would have no input as to
qualifications of people applying for jobs he would supervise.

So am I. It was pretty much a standing policy that project managers,
in the company I worked for, had the last word in who they hired. The
theory was that in the event of a project failure that the manager
went down with the ship so he ought to pick his own crew.

There is a difference between having the last word and having the first. I am not bragging when I mention my expertise in electronics and especially embedded systems. Why can't I get an interview? After helping one man gain a Nobel Prize and another company an Emmy Award you would think that they would be standing in line. But instead I have only had one phone call from a company itself and the man got huffy when I suggested that when you have your automobile attached to the Internet you do not use a programming language that a child could hack.