Old January 15th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Isle of Wight - round island ride

Gary Brunsdon wrote:

Thinking about riding the above this year on the 30th of March. Plan is
to ferry it over from Portsmouth - so wondered if anyone knew what
direction the ride was heading this year?.. and also where the nearest
registration point would be to the ferry terminal, which I guess would
be Fishbourne?

Do you mean 30th April? That's the big one.
The site is not up-to-date yet but is at:
http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/

This year should be clockwise, which is reckoned to be the easier
direction.

It's alraedy marked on our family calendar and we'll probably be riding
down again and go over on the Southampton/Cowes - there's a good simple
campsite just down the road from a superb pub at Northwood :-)

If you take the Portsmouth/Fishbourne ferry, which many seem to on the
morning of the ride, the nearest checkpoint is at Havenstreet.

Anyone else riding it?

John B