Old March 12th 09, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default 700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

In article ,
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:27:05 -0500, Tim McNamara
wrote:

The ball is still in your court, no matter how much you try to
deflect it. You claim that there are hundreds of tiny changes- with
no discernible effect themselves- that add up to a significant
competitive advantage.

I don't recall the "hundreds" but maye I said it. More likely I said
"many."

But in terms of hundreds: 10 grams. Add it up a hundred times.

There's one.

So, be specific. You did you make 100 changes of 10 grams to your bike?

As of yet, you've identified none.

Pure balonely. In this group we've heard of weight, gears, aerobars,
tire quality, wheels. (I know you've accepted aerobars.).

*You* have identified none. Other people have done the work for you in
this discussion. You haven't.

Still waiting and at
this point guessing that we will wait until this thread is long over
with and you still won't come up with a list of those changes for us
to discuss.

I'm still waiting for your answer on what year's bike you'd race,
assuming you were allowed your aero bars. What's the problem with a
bike from 1907 again? Oh yeah, you said the question didn't make
sense or some such dodge.

Yup. It's a stupid ass question.