Old April 17th 04, 09:50 PM
Iain Jones

Default Four sets of essential points for cyclists to remember

Peter Fox wrote in
:

Bits of the bike

* Size suits

[From the website:] Adjust the height of the saddle so you can touch
the floor with the ball of one foot but not both

I used to set the saddle this way, but found it was a long way out, and
gave me all sorts of knee trouble and saddle (pressure) sores. Using the
"heel on pedal, leg straight" sets it much lower and is much more
comfortable. And I can put the balls of both feet on the ground.

Joy of the Journey

* Speed of commute

[Website:] Buses and cycles go about the same speed in towns

Each morning going to work I pass about 5 buses. £1.20 saved and five
minutes faster. I love it!