Old April 20th 04, 05:44 PM
Iain Jones

Default Four sets of essential points for cyclists to remember

"Danny Colyer" wrote in
:

Iain Jones wrote:
Overtaking buses is fun.

I used to think so, until a coach driver in Bath decided to accelerate
to match my speed as I drew level with the cab. I dropped back pretty
sharpish when I then saw a lorry coming the other way (it wasn't there
when I started the maneouvre and under normal circumstances I would have
completed the maneouvre before it hove into view).

Ah, I only overtake them when it's a 2-lanes-in-my-direction road - plenty
of them round here. That happened to me once, the bus accelerated to match
my speed, so I eyeballed the driver in his mirror, no change. Shouted a few
choice words and banged on the side of the bus, he got the picture.

Overtaking taxis ... my life's worth more than a tenner ;-)

Make that coaches too :-(

Never done coaches. They're scarier.