Old November 30th 04, 02:54 PM
mark

"Maggie" wrote...
I have such a short commute to work that riding my bike would be a
piece of cake. No traffic to speak of...and not a long distance....yet
the thought of biking to work and then having to change clothes at the
office is keeping me from attempting it. I was in NYC one summer and
saw a guy riding a bike wearing a suit with his briefcase over his
back. I thought this was due to the congestion he faced everyday in
NYC traffic. I am a suburbanite and traffic is far from a problem.
Riding would just be fun if I did not have to change when I arrived at
the office. How do you handle this if you have to wear business
clothes to work, do you bring them with you? This seems like a real
chore. I would love to have the bike at work during lunch. Since I
started riding I am finally losing the weight I gained in the past two
or three years. Plus I feel energized after I ride. That's a nice way
to start the day. Normally I drag my ass in the office yawning while
juggling a cup of coffee, my briefcase and a donut. I'd love to arrive
feeling alive and awake.

I cycle into work and change into work in the bathroom, it works fine. I
roll up the clothing before I stick it in my bag so it doesn't get wrinkled.
It works fine, and the exercise makes my workday much more pleasant. If
you're worried about sweat, just bring a washcloth and give yourself a quick
sink bath before you change into your business clothes.

Do you have some place to store business clothing at work? There are people
who bring in a week's worth of business clothing by car at the start of the
work week, then cycle in the rest of the week.
--
mark