Old May 19th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Ken Kifer's Murderer Still Behind Bars

Dennis P. Harris wrote:
On 18 May 2006 10:35:04 -0700 in rec.bicycles.misc, "Bob"
wrote:

BTW, I
think Mark realized a long time ago that he'd never sell a frame to
you, probably in one of several past threads in which you've accused
him of fostering a slave labor system by outsourcing his frames to
China.

please tell me when, since i don't recall doing that. i might
have questioned his outsourcing decision, but i don't recall
accusing him of "fostering slave labor".

I was wrong. You've never accused him directly of fostering slave
labor. I was thinking of statements you've made that shopping at
WalMart or buying Nike products do that.

as a matter of fact, i corresponded with him about having one
custom made, but spent the money to go see lance win the 2004
tour instead, and then bought a house which is sucking up most of
my spare cash.

Welcome to the joys of home ownership! ;-)

but the truth is, i've become more and more weary of his spouting
dittohead untruths and stereotypes. most so called liberals i
know are activists against drunk driving, some are active members
of MADD, not defenders of idiots like the guy that killed kifer.

If you'll simply reread what he wrote you'll see that he wasn't talking
about drunk drivers or even liberals per se. He was referring to a
certain attitude that refuses to acknowledge the concept of personal
responsibility, preferring to blame everything on: a) whoever happens
to be running the government and b) a faceless, nameless "them".

hickey's rant
about stereotyped "liberals" is just a bunch of right wingnut
propaganda. it makes as much sense as your assumption in this
newsgroup that cops are always right.

Your characterization of a satirical three line post as a "rant about
stereotyped liberals" has as much basis in fact as your assertion that
I assume cops are always right.

Regards,
Bob Hunt