Old November 11th 10, 05:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

Default Is Ed the new moderator?

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
[...]
Oh Ed, have you not figured out that TM's purpose is to scare people
*away* from cycling?

Actually I understand where TM is coming from. I once did a week long
organized group bike tour in Florida and it was like playing Russian
roulette. The traffic there is ferocious and the roads are narrow with no
shoulders. It is a dangerous place to be cycling.

We are far luckier than TM. Here in the Upper Midwest it is still possible
to find county blacktops that are free of traffic and safe for cycling. I
think Wisconsin has the best roads for cycling in the country. You have to
stay off the main arteries of course, but the secondary roads are as near to
heaven as you can get in America.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka