Old May 27th 04, 08:34 AM
Frederic Briere

Default Bike Stores Endangerd Because of Super Chain Stores?

Dave Mayer wrote:
A kickstand

What, and run away from what might turn out to be a good touring bike?

Nutted wheel axles (i.e. no quick releases on wheels)

Oh, what *did* we do before they were invented...

Still, I agree with most of your list (though stuff like levers and
pedals can always be ripped off), but I was intrigued by this:

Steel chainrings

I was under the impression that aluminum chainrings, though lighter,
were also less durable. I can see how one might favor one or the other,
but is there a reason why you would reject those outright?

--
Frederic Briere *

= IS NO MO http://www.abacomsucks.com =