Old May 28th 04, 12:01 PM
bill

Default Bike Stores Endangerd Because of Super Chain Stores?

So what is the hangup with getting the lightest weight everything?
I lose about 4 pounds on a long hot ride even with water so why
should I care about a few grams on my bike?? Flat road = no difference,
downhill = faster, uphill = more exercise = reason I am riding.
I have a MTB with road semi slick on the back, good combo, heavy,
but I can go off road when I see something worth pursuing. Either way
I am getting a workout, even if not at 20 MPH.
Bill

Steel chainrings

I was under the impression that aluminum chainrings, though lighter,
were also less durable. I can see how one might favor one or the other,
but is there a reason why you would reject those outright?