Old May 29th 04, 03:00 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Bike Stores Endangerd Because of Super Chain Stores?

On 29 May 2004 02:22:21 -0500, Frederic Briere
wrote:
(Incidentally, today I passed by a house with two used bikes for sale on
the front lawn. Unfortunately, they both had women's frame, so I didn't
bother. Apart from that, the only thing on the road that caught my

Nothing wrong with mixte frames. I use one for short Sunday morning
jaunts to the convenience store. Rides nice, and I don't have to
lock it.

attention was a discarded teletubby. From what I've read, everybody
else seems to stumble daily upon used bikes, discarded power tools,

Well, you just have to train your eyes, and put in lots of miles. I
don't put in lots of bicycling miles (by rec.bicycles standards,
anyway), but I do get a lot of road miles driving.

wads of municipal bonds, etc. Maybe I just live in a dull area?)

Somebody elsewhere posted that a McDonalds dumpster often contained
cash.
--
Rick Onanian